Sunday, April 19, 2009

Welcome to Earth Week! Day One.



Today starts earth week. I thought that I'd share some things that my family does to "save the planet". I'm a fairly low maintenance type, so be assured everything I will recommend this week will be easy! Today's tip is all about water. How many of you buy bottles of water at the store, and throw the bottle out with the trash? Currently, Americans throw away 22 BILLION water bottles a year. The way our family combats this is a simple, one-time expense. Sigg water bottles. I bought ours on Ebay, for about $20.00 a piece (which is about $10 cheaper than the official website, and there are cheaper bottles on the site). I know this sounds expensive, but keep in mind that these bottles last forever, have a cool lid that you can clip onto a clamp to attach to your belt, bag or stroller, and to quote the Sigg site "Extruded from a single piece of aluminum, our innovative SIGG Lifestyle Water Bottles is surprisingly rugged, crack-resistant and completely reusable and recyclable. A ground-breaking interior lining is 100% effective against leaching and combats residue build-up, so your SIGG Lifestyle Bottle is easy to clean and ensures that all you taste is the water, juice or the energy drink that you just poured into the bottle, even after its been sitting in the Sun" My favorite thing about these bottles is that when I occasionally put soda in mine, with the special cap, the soda keeps it's carbonation, and each time I open it to take a sip it hisses just like a freshly opened bottle of Pepsi. We love ours, and I hope you will love yours! Let me know how it works out for you!

No comments: