Friday, April 3, 2009

A Very Important Question, and an Answer!

Hmmm That doesn't say much for Fort Campbell schools huh?! Are you on Post there too? It seems like all DOD schools would be doing the same work. Kameron has insanely easy words in 1st grade here and really, Kassidy has easy ones in 3rd grade too... I wonder how we compare to the rest of the country???


It's very easy to see your school's ranking on this website: http://www.psk12.com/rating/index.php OR http://www.greatschools.net/
There is a lot of information on this site too:
http://www.publicschoolreview.com

The girls aren't in on-post schools because we live off post. We looked at the above websites to find the best school, then started looking for schools in that area. We were really worried that Laurel would get stuck in a school that was not equipped to challenge her, so we made the schools a priority. We are just really lucky we also got a great house too! As far as I know all DOD schools are consistent. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... Although I met someone (I cannot remember his title) that works directly under the post commander who was telling me about the schools on post, that they take a great amount of pride in how well students can integrate into a new school from post to post. Also that currently Fort Campbell is the only post that has an elementary, a middle school and a High school. We found out that on Gordon there is only an elementary school, so we decided that it wasn't worth it to try to live on post. While I miss the illusion of safety (Not really safe on post though, but that's a long and winding story!) I am really enjoying the freedom. There is NO neighborhood association, and no one to bitch at me if my grass is over three inches. Yay! Alas, I must part...I'm late leaving for school traffic. I wanted to answer your question, Rene, while it was fresh on my mind. Hope your schools rank up there! Maybe these sites will help next time you move? I'm thinking it might help find a school for Kennedy? Let me know how your school does, I'm curious!
Later!
-S.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Hmm those were really interesting! The first site showed my kids school as FABULOUS, the second one... not so much really, BUT it was all info from 2003. A lot has changed since then. One thing that stuck out though was the parent reviews on the first one said it's a GREAT school if you don't have a child requiring any special needs. I've seen that a little with Kameron already... it will be interesting to see how Kennedy does next year. Thanks for those links! :)