Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

The thought for today:

The only thing new in the world is the history that you don't know. - Harry Truman

One of my duties in my new job as an instructor is to do some "Squad Leader" time. One of the sub tasks involved is to ensure that the Soldiers are awake and make it to PT (Physical Training) in the mornings. This past week I've found that going through once isn't enough; these soldiers are crafty, and as one of my new co-workers told me, they will do 40 hours of research and scheming to avoid 1 hour of work. I've also learned that these soldiers are very happy to give up their friends once they've been caught. Just this morning I've been told about soldiers having their battle buddies lock them in wall lockers, soldiers sleeping in closets, and even in the ceiling tiles. I smile and act surprised, but as President Truman mentioned, nothing in life is new, and these soldiers sometimes forget that Sarge went through AIT too.

Have a great week

No comments: