You Are a Total Brainiac
You're amazingly brilliant. Some would even say genius.
You're curious, thoughtful, analytical, and confident.
You take on difficult subjects because you want to... not because you have to.
No field of knowledge is too complicated or intimidating for you.
You've got the brains to do anything you want.
It's possible you end up doing everything you want.
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
2. _a million____ changes, big and little.
3. During the moving process_____, I _always freak out, but it wasn't that bad! It only cost us $18.00 to leave!____.
4. _Broken____; are you kidding me???
5. Right now I'd like to be sleeping_____.
6. _The kindle____ is my favorite gadget.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping_____, tomorrow my plans include __Dinner and goofing off with Sheila and My Bub___ and Sunday, I want to _write something wonderful____!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
One of life's cruel jokes is that suffering slows time and
joy accelerates it. - 1123 14Jan04
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
You Are Seductive and Ruthless
You are the total package - suave, sexy, smart, and strong.
You have the whole world under your spell, and you can influence almost everyone you know.
You don't always resist your urges to crush the weak. Just remember, they don't have as much going for them as you do.
You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.
You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home.
You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.
You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.
You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily.
You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.
A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.
You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.
You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.
You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care.
Now that is utterly hilarious!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
2. __Sh*t___ is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is __9/10ths of the law___.
4. _Laurel <3's ____ Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like __daisys and dew drops___.
6. __I think that our country really needs some major help. I hope to GOD that Obama ends up being the right man for the job, even though in his first press conference he just went___ on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _cuddling and tv____, tomorrow my plans include _going to mom's___ and Sunday, I want to __get ready for the movers!!!___!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Happiness is bred of small things.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
You Are a Comma
You are open minded and extremely optimistic.
You enjoy almost all facets of life. You can find the good in almost anything.
You keep yourself busy with tons of friends, activities, and interests.
You find it hard to turn down an opportunity, even if you are pressed for time.
Your friends find you fascinating, charming, and easy to talk to.
(But with so many competing interests, you friends do feel like you hardly have time for them.)
You excel in: Inspiring people
You get along best with: The Question Mark
The extra funny in this whole story is that while Miah usually can't keep a secret to save her life, this time she successfully kept two! Jay took her and Laurel to the mall and bought me , yes, another robe, slippers, a nice big fluffy towel, and a beautiful malachite bracelet. They all swear that Miah had nothing to do with picking out the theme of the presents, and I over heard Miah telling mom that it was so ironic that we picked similar presents. I cracked up. That kid is such a goofball.
We made V-Day a two day event, seeing as the Friday before was the 13th, and we have always reserved the day for parents night out. Any Friday 13th that pops up is my night! We went shopping, Jay took me to Yamato (my FAVORITE) and we took the girls to their dances. Laurel was by her lonesome at her "big girl dance" as Miah called it, while Jay and I hung back with Miah. I have to tell you, that while Jay is usually a calm sort of man, that night at the dance he lost his cool. Have you ever heard the song "crank that" by soulja boy? Have you ever looked up the lyrics? How about looking the lyrics up on www.urbandictionary.com? that has to be the most disgusting song ever written, and they were playing it at a school dance for children from k through 5th grade. I admit to not knowing how bad the song was, so when it played while Jay was dropping Laurel off, I didn't think anything of it, but they played it a second time while he was there and this is when he lost it. He went to the stage and had a "discussion" with the Dj, then when the song got turned off, Jay came back to explain. I cannot and WILL not put the explanation on this blog, but feel free to look it up yourself, and ask yourself why children are listening to it at school. I wonder if anyone else will find it as disgusting, and creepy? Let me know what you think, b/c I'm interested...
Anyway, off the soapbox...we had a great time. We spent two entire days out of the house, an I didn't have to cook or clean a thing. It was great! How was your day?
(I'll post pics in a bit, I'm on the laptop far far away from my camera and it's contents)
How The Hell Do I Get Out Of This One?
I'm in a decent relationship right now. It's been two months and there have been no really big arguments. She scratches my head nonstop, gives me awesome massages, and even brings me food when I'm too worn out from work to go anywhere.
Since moving out on my own, she gave me even better advice on how to do my laundry than my grandmother did.
"Okay Justin, here's what grandma does.."
She then bends over to separate the clothes, accidentally farts but doesn't notice it.
"First, you do what my school did when I was a little one. You separate the whites from the colored."
Thanks racist grandma.
I don't get to see my girlfriend too much because I work so many hours a week that it's almost impossible. That, mixed with her schedule, doesn't make for much time to see her. When I do find time to see her, I fly from work to her house going 90 in a 55 MPH zone.
That being said, Monday I was speeding to her house from work. I was on a local highway and about 5 minutes from her house when the blue lights blinded my eyes from my rear-view mirror. Damn, I've just been pulled over.
The officer walked up to my car, asked how I was doing, then the usual "license and registration, please". Nothing out of the ordinary.
I carry a gun for my profession and still had it strapped to my side, so I showed him my work ID and gun permit BEFORE whipping out the gun and saying:
"Here's my gun! I'm allowed to carry one!"
Phew, won't do that one again.
After looking over the permit, he eyeballed my crotch.
"I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the car, sir. Keep your hands where I can see them."
Either he's a gay cop, or he has a problem with the gun.
I was asked to put my hands on the roof of the car. He pulled my 357 out of its holder.
"I'm going to hold onto this while I run your license, if you don't mind. You can step back into the car."
I got in and shut my door.
"So, Mr. Justin, why were you driving so fast?"
At this moment, my bullshit dispenser started cranking. I could afford another ticket, but would rather not deal with an increased insurance rate. I started spitting a line of total BS.
"Well sir, my job doesn't allow me to see my fiance very much. Since this is the first time in forever that I'm going to see her, I'm rushing to her house to pop the question. I apologize for speeding, I'm just so excited to see the look on her face when I ask her to marry me."
"Do you have a ring?"
"No sir, can't afford one."
"Ah, poor kid."
"I know. Could you do me a favor and write me a ticket? I'd like to look back on this night and laugh about the time I was pulled over and given a ticket the night I was rushing to propose to my wife."
The reason I asked him this is to make my story seem to check out. I'm calling his bluff, if you will.
"Haha, you kids. I'll tell you what-- I'll do you one better. I'll escort you over there through traffic if you're in that much of a rush. Wouldn't that be more of a story?"
Damn it. The guy's caught up in making a Kodak moment when all I want to do is get him off my back and eat tacos with my girlfriend... NOT propose. I've only known the girl for two months-- not exactly ready for the big commitment yet.
"Yes sir, I do believe it would."
After giving him her street name and address, he knew exactly where to go. Shit. I got in my car and followed him as his siren rang out. Traffic pulled to the side, peopled yielded at red lights, and cars stopped-- all so I could have tacos with my girlfriend.
After getting to her house, the officer stepped out of his car and knocked on her door. She opened it and stared at him, then me in a look of confusion.
"Hi, I pulled this gentleman over a few minutes ago because he was in a rush to get over here so fast. Justin? Would you like to take it from here?"
I looked at Courtney, then the officer, who wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. I tried to take her inside, but the officer stood right there in the doorway to witness the event. The things I'd do to get out of a ticket.
"Courtney... I know I've only known you a short time. But, in that short time
She wouldn't say yes. She's younger than I am and always talked about how she wanted to date a guy forever until making a commitment.
''YES JUSTIN! I WILL MARRY YOU!"
The officer smiled and clapped as Courtney clamped her arms around my body. The neighbors, who had been wondering why a cop car with its lights on was outside her house cheered.
Courtney's parents called me and told me that they were proud that their daughter found such a nice guy.
Me? Well I got out of a ticket.
Fuck you. I'm engaged.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
I'm checking out the "Post via E-mail" feature. I am relatively new to the blogging world, so I didn't know that this was an option. If it works, this could be a great feature, because then Mom can post online without trying to wade through all of the blog issues.
I can't wait to get back home so I can show and tell all about Valentines day. I'll be back!
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your life. See Now
Friday, February 13, 2009
1. Please don't tell _aunt rhoda, the old grey goose is dead (snicker)____.
2. Can you _focus____ in the morning?
3. The color _red____ makes me want to __paint___!
4. I have a craving for _hot wings____.
5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it _in a dark cave, somewhere in Metcalfe county____.
6. Eyes are the _best way to tell what someone is thinking____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _good tv____, tomorrow my plans include __cleaning___ and Sunday, I want to relax_____!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
If You Were Slightly Different, Your Name Would Be: Stella
Hey, I kinda like that.
Shared suffering is no less miserable. - 2306 21Jul03
As I've already talked your ears off and I think that this quote stands on it's own, I'll part ways with you for now. Meet you back here the same time next week?
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
You can zoom in and see great detail. At first I was really expecting something to jump out at me like the bubble wrap email that went around at Halloween, but it didn't happen. It's pretty cool, so check it out!
Today Jay and I had our 1st moving out inspection, and things went well. She actually complimented my decorating (funny, because I've taken down most of my art, and it looks pretty bare to me!) and said that our house was in great shape considering how long we've lived here. It makes me wonder what in the world all of my neighbors are up to? I was thinking that all the little things that need to be fixed added up to a lot, but she seemed nonchalant. Not that I'm complaining!!!
We also headed over to the Starbucks for the moving out brief, which made us both feel better. Last time we moved it cost us 800.00, and I was scared. Turned out we got screwed. The housing manager thought that was crazy....well, me too! We aren't THAT rough on things! On the way out the door, where one second it was clear, and the next it was raining like I haven't seen before, I got flippin' soaked!!! I'm still a little chilled! Jay was going to go get the car so I wouldn't get wet, but good grief, not like I'll melt, it's just water! I hate to think that somehow it's more important for me to stay dry than him. Maybe I should get the car for him? I don't know where he gets this from....but I insisted on walking out with him. That's just crazy!
The funny thing is that last night Jay opened our bedroom windows to let some cool air in (on-post housing has issues with temperature...downstairs it's cold, upstairs you cannot breath!) as he was doing so, he joked that it was going to rain like crazy now that he opened the window. Sure enough, I'm not used to leaving them open so I never thought to close them. Six or seven of my journals got wet, but thankfully the book dad wrote was untouched. Seems he's still looking out. :) I only have the one copy, and it would not be easy to get another from Western.
So, anyway, later on we run over to get our taxes done (where I'm told the stimulus monies Bush passed out may effect our return.), and then off to Hobby Lobby for paints for Miah's school project. Busy day! Tomorrow all I have to do is go to Jay's award ceremony, and after that Friday is a day off work, and a day-date, THEN two Valentines day parties, and I get to dance...
Tune in tomorrow for Jay's first real entry.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
My new favorite saying has been Whisky Delta (Whatever Dude) I just think it's funny. I thought someone might wonder. For the heck of it, here's the whole alphabet:
I have had a working knowledge of the Phonetic alphabet all my life (dad, and hubby) but really had to get it down when I became the casework chairwoman at the ARC. It's fun to use as "code" in front of people that have no clue what you are talking about. Laurel has already taught herself Pig Latin, so that hasn't been an option for a while! lol
P.S. This is Stacy, NOT Jay. I'm just setting his account up so he can post again. I can't wait to see what he will do!
2. __I hate my___ health; it's _not the best it could be____.
3. I'm ready for __a little less rain, I still haven't gotten to sit outside on my porch___.
4. Jay (he smells like home)____ is one of my favorite perfumes or aftershaves or smells.
5. The oldest ornament I have is _ya, I don't do that. I'm Jewish____.
6. Take some _freshly picked flowers____, mix them all together and you have _the pretty bouquet on my table :)____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _family dinner____, tomorrow my plans include ___yard work__ and Sunday, I want to __watch desperate housewives in peace___!
This award was presented:
We all know I wasn't actually AT the Ball, so I thankfully missed the pomp and circumstance, and I was greatly afraid when someone mentioned that it might be a good idea to give it to me when Jay received HIS award, but I am relieved to tell you that Jay was able to quietly obtain it and present it to me this afternoon when I came home from a meeting. Now I can go to Jay's ceremony unafraid. I'm going to try to be in a position to take some pictures, but my camera is being a punk, so I'm not sure it will work out. I'm going to have to do some serious research, and find a good darn camera that can take a little bang up now and again. Any suggestions?
Our time here at Fort Campbell is drawing to a close. We have about 16 days left, and I think the anticipation is getting to me. I'm so antsy!
We are supposed to go see my mom for a little while before we head to Ga, but I'm not sure how it's going to work out. We are all really worried about a family member who is sick, and there have been a lot of Louisville trips, so it may be possible that Mom won't be there when it's time to go....I hope that everything works out and Berbert is completely healthy very soon. Not just so that my plans work out, of course, but also because he just needs to get better!!!!
I have some work to do, so I'll leave this hanging. Valentines day is coming up, and I have a date planned, so I'll tell you all about that later!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Name Stacy D.
Current Location Georgia
Hair Colour Auburn
Eye Colour Brown
Do you smoke? Nope
Do you do Drugs? Nada
Do you Drink? Nope
Pepsi Or Coke? Diet pepsi
Fav Colour Green
Do you like thunderstorms? Love them
Number ot tattoos? 3
Number of Piercings 4
What would you like to get pierced? nothing, now.
Have you ever cheated on your boyfriend? Once. That Guy was a jerk, and couldn't get rid of him!
Have you ever been cheated on? Yes
Who was the last person that kissed you? Jay
Are you in a relationship? Yes
Have you ever broken any bones? Several
Whats your favorite alcohlic drink? Long island ice tea, if I really need a drink. lol
Pets Dobby Doo, and Chetter Cheese, who passed away this year.
Number of Siblings Mary, Kathy, Donna, Jimmy, Jerry, and Jason
What website do u go to daily? Hotmail
Do you beleive in love at first sight? Sort of
Own a stuffed animal? I own a webkin.
Do you shower daily? every other day
Right or Left Handed? Right
Just for fun, we tried out www.colorquiz.com I couldn't post the results, but it's creepy how accurate they were. The whole family did the test, and I'd say it was pretty darn close to true!
"The Past Life Quiz"
Result: A Romantic Poet
You know how you're kind of...you know...sensitive? There's a good reason for that. Long, long ago, you were a romantic poet - the kind that made all the ladies swoon with your sexy sonnets.
Even if you're not much of a poet now, you've still got a lot of creativity brewing in your soul. And you've got a strong ability to notice details and understand other people's emotions.
If you ever have writer's block or just need some creative inspiration, try to harness some of that poet power in your soul's past.
The Husband Meme
1. Where did you meet? Sex Ed class Freshman year of high school (ha ha ha)
2. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for about 8 months, broke up, then were friends for 4 more before we got married out of the blue.
3. How long have you been married? 10 years!
4. What does he do that surprises you? Tells his co-workers thing that are soooo not their business!!!!!
5. What is your favorite feature of his? his hands, and his toukas. lol
6. What is your favorite quality of his? His work ethic, and his loyalty. The loyalty is hard earned, but when you win it it's forever.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Love
8. What is his favorite color? black. I know....sheesh.
9. What is his favorite food? Italian
10. What is his favorite sport? baseball
11. When and where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was in 1997, while we were spelunking in a cave (der) in Edmonton. Best first kiss of my life.
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We like to camp, cook together, and watch movies. Before we had kids we used to go driving and talk for hours.
13. Do you have any children? Two little monkeys, and a little dog, too.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Indeed he does. I think it should stay hidden though. No need to embarrass the guy.
15. How old is he? 28
16. Who said I love you first? HE DID
17. What’s his favorite type of music? A little of everything, mostly stuff I could live without.
18. What do you admire most about him? He is very fiercely loyal, while sometimes he has to think of the army first, most of the time he is doing what he does to take care of us. And that I admire greatly.
19. Do you think he will read this? Of course!
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV: What is on the screen? Lost, Monk, Psych, or x- Files
2. You’re out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Italian
3. What is one food he doesn’t like? Not a big fan of olives, or fish.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? What Bar? We don't drink.
5. Where did he go to high school? Metcalfe
6. What size shoe does he wear? 12, depending on the shoe
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? magic cards, and Stephen king books
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Hot pastrami
9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could? ya, probably that pastrami from Massachusetts.
10. What is his favorite cereal? He usually eats a bagel
11. What would he never wear? Jay would wear pink only if it were for breast cancer awareness.
12. What is his favorite sports team? The Patriots, and the Red Sox (he made me clarify)
13. Who is his best friend? ME!
14. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? I don't know, he never complains. Well, not to me at least...
15. How many states has he lived in? Oh, gees. Too many to count. If I'm answering, I think it's at least 5, but he's been all over the place.
16. What is his heritage? French and Scotch Irish
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; Last year he was home it was pineapple upside down cake.
18. Did he play sports in high school? Nope, he was in the computer lab with me. :)
19. What could he spend hours doing? Playing games. Any game. Puzzles even. Anything that has to do with winning. LOL
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Ha! All done. I missed a few pics, but the Internet is acting silly, and I've been trying to get it all done for hours now. I quit!
The pics are just random stuff...Jay playing on the Webkins website with Miah, Miah's webkin she got from Manny for V-day (Thanks Manny!!!) Laurel and her new Webkin, me right before the FRG coffee, and a huge bird in a tree in Ga. It was cool. lol
So, Yesterday, I got 4 calls for people looking for Jay's Plt SGT. Huh? Really? He doesn't answer his phone so you call me??? Mind you this is during work hours, so even Jay isn't home, and I've told EVERYBODY Jay has NO cell, they KNOW. Or, well they do now. I have to admit to answering the phone yesterday afternoon with, "Can I HELP you???" Poor Guy. He said, "I take it this isn't SGT LaForest's Cell?" Uh, no dude, and I told you that last WEEK when Welsh was no where to be found. Oops, did I say his name? So? I don't care, I'm leaving soon. I don't care what you think. It's not MY fault these people don't talk to each other. I can deal with Deployments, rules, etc. But I do NOT recall signing up for SGT W's f'in secretary. I mean, Jay didn't' come home for lunch, and wasn't even home from work yet, so WHY did they call ME? I don't even know where MY soldier is, let alone someone else's!! Eh, I don't care. I'm NOT a Hooah Army wife, and I like to think for myself. I think I've done my duty, and I'm done now for a while. Freaking people. Sheesh.
OKay, I'm done. I don't like to get bugged....
Ironically, (Maybe?) I got an award at the last FRG meeting, AND one at the Ball (I wasn't there, we were in GA) I thought I'd toot my own horn. Not like I get to much, so might as well take the opportunity, right?
I dropped my camera, so some of the images are a little wonky, but I hope the one of Jay in mid air is good enough to see, because that was a real trick of timing!