This week, another pretty easy project. I took a round tablecloth, cut it in half and hemmed the edges. Then I made a pocket at each end for the curtain rod to slip through. I had matching napkins, so I used those as tiebacks. What I found difficult was cutting the cloth straight. The old linen pulled terribly, so I ended up with slightly curvy edges. It's not that noticeable though. I hope!
You may have seen this one on Facebook already, but I wanted to put it here too. This used t o be a hideously ugly white secretary, with farm scenery badly painted on it. Jay, Laurel, and I painted it read and black for Miah's room, with chalkboard paint left over from the jar project. Sorry about the bad photo quality! Miah's room is pretty dark, and the glare from the window is unavoidable during the daytime.