Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Finally, a curtian!




I had a brainstorm. The front door is half window, and sometimes I forget this and walk by unclad. Bad habit. But it's my house, you know. The door is metal, so I cannot screw regular curtain rods into it, so the brain storm is, I sewed magnetic bars into the top. They are very simple, unfrilly curtains, b/c the magnets aren't the strongest ever, and well, I like simple. I did make them double sided so that when you look at the door from the porch it's still pretty. Hopefully this will increase privacy, and cut down on embarrassing encounters with my new neighbors. Ha, aren't I smart. :b

1 comment:

FunnyGal KAT said...

I had a similar door (and the same habit...) and I found a magnetic curtain rod at Target. It has incredible strong magnets in it. I mean, it sounds like you already found an awesome solution, but just in case the curtain starts dropping because you walking by unclad creates a breeze. What a show for the neighbors!