Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Much love to all my friends, buddies, family members, and best friends, You all know who you are. :D
1. I am not patriotic. I hate the national anthem, and I think saying the pledge is idol worship.
2. I still don't know who I'm voting for, but it's between Hilary, and Obama. Which ever seems like they are going to get my husband out of Iraq for good. I confess, I don't care about the rest of thier policies, I just want my husband back.
3. I hate being a housewife. I love being married, and I love my kids, But I was not raised to stay at home. This may be the death of my soul.
4. Sometimes I really miss highschool, and I wouldn't change any of my memories, for all the tea in china.
5. I still like to eat chicken noodle soup cold from the can.
6. I have every letter, card, love note, and present that I have ever gotten (most of it was saved from the fire because Tanya said I should put the stuff in storage to forget about the guy that sent them, thanks Tanya)
7. I hate repeating myself. Even though I'm deaf and I have to ask other people to do it, if I have to, I get really aggravated.
8. I often wonder what people really think of me. Considering no one ever has the guts to tell the truth, I wonder if I really have any friends at all, or if everyone is just too chicken to say, I don't like you.
9. I really like answering the questions on tickle.com. I don't know why.
10. I really really really really miss my husband.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
I know I run the risk of sounding like a commercial, but this mower is too awesome to not tell everyone about it! It is a little pricey, but after looking at all of the websites for Lowe's, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart, I realized that if I wanted a gas free mower without an electric cord, this was the only choice.
The mower came in only three days, via ups, neatly packaged in two boxes ( I bought the weed eater attachment). I was so excited I ripped the boxes open and started assembling the parts. The only thing I really had to assemble was the handle, which was really easy. The hard part was waiting the 12 hours for the battery to charge! Much to my chagrin, it was chilly and rainey for a few days, keeping me from trying out my new toy. ERRRG
Finally, on Tuesday, I deemed it safe to take the mower outside. I attached the grass collection bag, inserted the safety key, and let 'er rip. I was completely shocked by the lack of jarring noise and vibration! I listened to the video on the website (click above) but I figured that they must have adjusted the sound in order to be able to hear the spokesman. Nope! It's so quiet I could mow at 6 am and not bother a soul. Even better, I was able to weedeat and edge my lawn with barely any extra effort. I do need to get a little better at aiming in tight spots, but other than that it was easy as pie! The battery (which charges with an adaptor inside your house) lasted for more than an hour while I mowed the large backyard, the tiny front, and edged. Not too bad! I was worried that I would get nearly done and lose power, but it didn't happen! So far, my only complaint is that I was so nervous about breaking the thing. Not that it isn't well put together, but the price is enough to make me be extra careful!
The best part, though, is that I never have to buy motor oil, gas, or filters. Since it is electric, I don't have to have it serviced once a year, the movers will move it with no hastle (no dangerous fluids) and it's safe for the environment! I can't wait for next saturday!!! Check out the website. It has video, and a lot of great info about the mower. They claim that the mower pays for itself in 5 years....11.00 for electricity, versus the near 400.00 in service and gas for a regular mower. Good deal, huh? I'll keep you posted, in case something changes my mind, but for now, I'm in love!
So, I went "home" for the Mother's Day weekend, just missing the bouquet of flowers my hubby had sent. Somehow, every time he sends flowers, I choose that day to check the bank account online, so I find out they are coming before they actually get here. Very disappointing! This time though, storms kept me from driving home until Monday night, so my poor hubby had to complain to the company that I didn't get the flowers. Now I have to stay at home until they show up. Tell me, why don't they leave a note letting you know that someone is trying to deliver something? Give me a heads up as to when they will stop back by? Holy cow! Jay is trying to be sweet, and it turns into a week long irritation. Figures, right? Anyway, it was a great weekend. We saw "What Happens in Vegas" at the theater. It was hilarious! Mom and I had decided to take the girls though, and if you aren't a parent comfortable with normally ackward conversations with your kids, that's not a good idea! I'm fine with it, because my kids and I talk openly about sex, and bad decisions. So it didn't bother me too much when at one point of the movie, Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz are both in their undies, dying to sleep with eachother, and instead end up sleeping in seperate places, when Miah leans over and whispers in my ear " I think they want to have sex again!"