Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hiya, what's up?

Last night the fam watched Austrailia:


and it was so good we didn't really notice a huge storm was upon us until the HAIL started slamming against the windows! When we finally realized we needed to check out the news and weather the storm was mostly past us. I was nervous about looking at my garden today, but everything seems to be fine. None of the seeds are sprouting yet, so those were saved, thank goodness! There was a river of water that flowed down the driveway that was so strong it opened the wooden gates, and made a path through the pine needles to the creek. Totally crazy!

I got an amazing china set at (guess where) Goodwill! 90 pieces for $80.00 (which is expensive for Goodwill, but totally worth it!) It's a service for 12, with dinner plates, bread and butter plates, saucers, teacups, dessert bowls, soup bowls, gravy boat with plate, three serving dishes, cream and sugar bowls with lids, and the tea pot with two lids! Later I'll add a pic to this post, I want to lay the entire table out so you can see the full effect.
http://www.thun.cz/en/about-us
I can't find this particular pattern anywhere on the internet, but compared to even the cheapest set I found, I got a huge deal! No wonder the lady behind me tried to talk me out of them! She knew what a find I had! This is why I LOVE Goodwill. :)

I have laundry to finish this morning, and breakfast to make for everyone (pancakes, YAY!) so I'll catch up more later...

No comments: