Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No Excuses!

I have been very good today.  I signed up for the eTools on WW.com and got the ap on my phone.  I ate a good breakfast, not too many points, and it kept me going all afternoon.  I ate some Progresso soup for lunch, and an apple, also pretty decent. The problem is that every day around 3 I get hungry.  That's about an hour away now, and I have been sucking on this water bottle for a while trying to stave off the snack craving I know is coming. 
I've run into a couple of glitches.  Did you know that Diet Pepsi has 75mg of sodium per bottle?  Not cool! Also, the cruelest twist of fate.  Tea has sodium in it.  I drink about a gallon of unsweetened iced tea a day.  The water here tastes funny to me, so I don't drink it, and I refuse to buy bottled water.  Tea is my life.  I have no clue how I'm going to keep track!  It's a small amount, but as much as I drink it will add up fast.  
As I was grocery shopping this morning, I was playing a little guessing game.  How much sodium will there be??  I quickly got disgusted with the answers.  I like to make my own pasta sauce, but there are NO low sodium tomato choices. I may have to start canning my own tomatoes, because the ready made sauce has tons of sodium per 1/2 cup.  Surprisingly pasta, which I would have guessed had tons of salt, has none.  Really?  Barred for life now are pickles, kalamata olives, pickled peppers, ANY processed stuff, almost ALL soups, lunch meat, and on and on. Even the "heart healthy" low sodium choices are FULL of sodium. I don't know what the hell people eat!  I need some guidance.  We usually eat good, home made food...but this is crazy. Is being healthy worth eating nothing but steamed broccoli and baked chicken?  Do I really want to live that long anyway? 
I have been craving crunchy salty greasy potato chips and Publix's organic salsa all day.  Instead, I'll have another swig of tea and get ready to get the kids.  After school we are all 6 going for a mile walk.  Dobby and Harley almost peed their pants when I got the harnesses out. Wish me luck, and willpower!

No comments: