Thursday, April 28, 2011

365

The best part of being a mom.
These little moments are my favorite.  You're watching tv, and look over to see why the hubby hasn't laughed at the show in a bit, and there it is.  The cutest thing ever. In that moment, you aren't thinking about chores that need to get done, bills that have to get paid, or the homework that still needs checked.  All that goes through your mind is how much you love those two beautiful people who look so much alike, and how that tiny little smile on your husbands face so completely expresses how your heart just skipped a little beat.
When I look at it, I am shocked that the two of them are so still.  I should do a series of the shots I've taken of them in recent months.  Neither of them ever hold still long enough for me to get a good picture.  Especially when I'm trying to take one while they aren't paying attention.
I'd give anything to be able to keep these moments, and scrap the cleaning stuff.  Why is it that motherhood is so full of chasing, driving, cleaning, homework, lunch money and crazy outfits, and not so much of the Ah-ha, full circle, oh-so-cute, or "they really hear me" moments?  Is this really too much to ask?  ...I think it may be...

No comments: