Friday, April 1, 2011

365

The rules, which I have made up myself :
365 days of pictures.
They must be photos that I myself, or one of my immediate family took.
They can be old or new photos. (Only because I have some really cool photos I've never shared, and this is a great way to do so!)
Any themes suggested by someone else will be credited to them. So if you have an idea, share it!
No days will be skipped, but I reserve the right to be ahead a couple of days just in case I get sick, or something unexpected happens.
Idle Wednesday posts will not count as a submission.  Why make it easier on myself?
I will be honest.  No quick clean ups, or rearranging things to look better.

On to it then:


A picture that makes you sad.
This is Jeremiah.  You know that.  You probably see the uniform, the rank, and the camo behind him, but look at his face.  That is an expression I have never seen before.  That is the face of a man who has lost one of his battle buddies.  Not just a battle, but a friend.  Jay had the privilege to speak at Scott Metcalf's memorial in Iraq, just one month before they were to redeploy.  I have never seen or felt anything like that month.  To quote Forrest Gump..."and that's all I have to say about that..."

No comments: