Sunday, April 24, 2011

365

Anticipation!
This is our old house at Fort Campbell.
Do you see the paper chain that's draped around the walls twice?  The tail end of it goes down the hall, and almost all the way around to the kitchen.  Each one of those paper rings represents not only a single day, one for each day that Jay was deployed, but they also each represent the intense and incredible anticipation the four of us felt the entire deployment.
When I look at this picture that represents the beginning of a 15 month deployment, it seems so far away.  It was almost three years ago?  Did we actually DO that three times?  Are we going to have to do it again in the near future?  The feeling of panic creeps in a little bit, and I remember how impossible it seemed.  I feel so grateful to have had the past couple of years here with our little unit intact.

3 comments:

Kathy Smith said...

What a love y'all have. I just pictured your beautiful ring in my head! Maybe paper rings should be part of the decor when you renew your vows?

LaForestGump said...

I think that's a great idea! We haven't figured out exactly where we are going to do it, but I love that idea. I wonder if I can find silver paper to do it with?

Kathy Smith said...

Stacy, I don't think there's anything you can't do, find, accomplish, ect, ect!