Thursday, June 16, 2011

365

In the Water
I'm having to go back and post date a couple of blogs.   There was a huge storm two days ago that knocked our power out, which made it impossible for me to post.  The computer started acting up as soon as it came back on, and Jay's been working on it for me. 
Today's picture is Lake Erie, in Erie New York.  We spent our summer vacation there last year camping right on the edge of the water.  It was great.  I love this picture especially.  The girls and I took a walk on the beach while Jay stayed at the campsite to read.  We rolled our pant legs up, walked in the water, took pictures, and collected beach glass and rocks. In the middle of our stroll we found a huge stump that had been floating in the water for a long time.  It was too heavy for us, so Laurel ran back to get Jay, and like the true awesome husband he is, he carried the stump and the rocks back to the van to take home with us. 
When I look at the stump sitting in my yard, or this picture, I think of quieter, less stressed times.  You don't even have to ask, yes that stump will be following us on our little Army adventure. 

No comments: