Tuesday, June 7, 2011

365

What have you been reading?
I've been pre-reading this set of books for Laurel and Miah for the past couple of weeks.  I'm on the last one now, and I have to say that even though these are written for young adults, I have really enjoyed the heck out of them.  The series is sort of Harry Potter like because from the first novel to the last, they grow with the person reading and the character in the book.  Pendragon starts out as a fourteen year old regular boy, who finds out that he's not so regular.  He's a Traveler. 
I don't want to give any of the story away...I hate it when I read a review and it gives me expectations that the book may not live up to.  I will just say that I stopped reading all of the other books I was reading in order to finish these, they are kid friendly for the 13 and up set,  (The books do deal with the deaths of some main characters, so you may want to read them first like I did) and I could hardly put them down.  I have stopped being prejudiced against young adult books considering how much I've enjoyed several series' in the past few years.  I recommend you try to do the same!

No comments: