Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Idle Wednesday



I know it's been a long time since I posted an Idle Wednesday, but I have been hard at work. This week I'm posting about the bracelets I made for Mom, Sam, and Frances.  I learned how to solder with liquid silver solder, AND I also used resin for the first time.  It was fairly easy for me, but incredibly time consuming.  It took me more than a week to complete all the steps, but it was well worth it.  I liked them so much I made myself one.  These are antique watch cases, soldered with silver jump rings, with antique pictures decoupaged into the cases.  Then I poured mixed resin into the cases to seal them and make a jeweled effect. I spent twenty minutes just popping bubbles.  I wasn't completely successful, but I did a fairly decent job getting as many popped as possible. then it was simply a matter of polishing everything up! I am so proud of these...and was excited to share them! See you next week with more!

No comments: