Monday, April 14, 2014

A Little Q&A (Questions Supplied by that'smyanswer.com)

1. After a long day at work or school (or whatever), what are your favorite ways to wind down and decompress?


 I like to watch my favorite tv shows, sometimes if I've had a really bad day I like to organize a mess that I've been putting off.  For some reason putting things in order makes me feel better.


2. Straight from the bottle or in a glass?

I like drinking from the bottle.  Especially if I am at home...why give myself something else to wash? But there is just something fun and special (for me) about drinking root beer from an ice cold bottle.

3. Have you dreamt of becoming famous? What would your claim to fame be? Comedy? Acting? Writing? Race car driving? Go!

I used to pretend to have my own cooking show.  I'd describe what I was doing, do the playful banter, etc.  I also used to sing into the microphone (hairbrush) and pretend to be a singer.  It wasn't about the famous part though...I just always saw being on tv, or on stage as the culmination of years of doing what you love.  Weird? It used to be...now? Not so much anymore.

4. Would you rather give up your favorite food for life or only eat that favorite food for the rest of your life?

I would rather eat my favorite food for the rest of my life.  When I like something, I usually go overboard and eat it over and over again.  Chili for dinner three nights in a row? YES! but not if the kids or husband are around! (They get bored easily.)

5. It’s a new week, do you have plans or are you just taking it day by day?

This week I am preparing to go out of town.  So that means laundry, dishes, grocery shopping, packing, cleaning out the car, and getting the kids squared away.  

6. If you had to could you drive a lawn tractor to the grocery store? How long would it take you to get there?

Yes, I could.    The commissary is maybe two miles away...I'm not sure how fast the average tractor goes.

7. Let’s talk about Star Trek! What is your favorite Star Trek movie? What about the television series?  

My favorite series is TNG, and my favorite movie is First Contact. IF I were to try to list my favorite episodes, we'd be here all day!

8. Would you ever have your wedding and/or engagement ring reset with either a new setting or new gems?

We changed our wedding set a couple of years ago.  I hated the first set, but it was what we could afford when we first got married. I have no problem with it, since we renewed our vows at the same time, so it was like a fresh start altogether.    

9. It’s Spring! Well, according to the calendar … what three things are you looking forward to most?

GREEN! Being able to read outside! Going home to splash in the creek!

10. If you could assign one of your jobs/chores/tasks/to-do-list-items to someone else, what would it be and to whom would you assign it?

I already do!  Miah cleans up any dog messes that happen, and takes out the trash.  Laurel puts the dishes away.  Both kids help do thei laundry, and make dinner sometimes.  

11. If we were to (collectively) bury a time capsule to be opened 100 years from now, what three items would you add to the capsule?

I would put in an ipad, full of the most popular apps, and loaded up with this years top music and movie hits, and a few of YouTube's Vine compilation videos.  So they can see how stupid we were. 
Then, I would put in a picture of all of my friends in their favorite outfits, and their favorite items so that they can see what we wore, and what we liked.  
Lastly, I would put in our family tree, so that they could find my descendants and give them their family history.

12. What is for breakfast this morning?

Jay has been in the field all week, so I have been eating weirdly.  This morning I had reheated Chinese food for breakfast.

13. What two desserts are your favorite?

I love Creme Brulee, Tira Misu, and that chocolate cake they serve at P.F.Changs! YUM! 

    

No comments: