Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thirty Days of Pictures


Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile.

I remember the day this picture was taken very well.  The gentleman with the pony was just walking around asking people if they wanted their pictures taken.  I remember mom scurrying to get us straightened up for the pic.   We had been playing outside when he walked by, so I imagine we were quite disheveled.  I remember the way the pony's hair felt on my bare skin, much like the mohair couch we sat on to watch tv. It's hair was straw-like, and I remember wanting to braid it.  It was just a regular, not-so-special day. It was the novelty of the animal I'd until then, never seen in person.  If you take in the background, that is the house I was a little girl in, in Indianapolis.  It's funny to remember that at one time I was a city kid, longing to leave the farm to go "back home", when at this point I wouldn't choose to live there again if my life depended on it.

No comments: