Sunday, March 1, 2009

A night out with Sheila, and margaritas!



I was promised a night out, and I got one!
Sheila asked me to go out for Mexican, and then to a mystery place...all she said was that she couldn't tell me, because if I knew where we were going I'd refuse to go at all. We drove for a million miles to meet Sheila at her house (me,Jay, my Mom, and my little brother) and then drove even further to Campbellsville...where they actually serve alcohol. (Barren and Metcalfe counties are DRY) We had dinner at "Fiesta Mexico" with a side of Margaritas (I think I had about five sips, and after New Years night, that was plenty) Leave it up to my family to get tipsy and then start talking politics and religion LOUDLY in public. (giggle) But we ended up laughing our butts off, and having a good time. (Bub was DD for the night, and awesome for doing so {even though no one really got too tipsy. By the time we left they were all complaining that they couldn't feel anything anymore})
Next on the agenda was this mystery place. Terrified, I listed out loud all the places I'd never go...strip club? (knowing Sheila...) slaughter house? Bowling? Country Dance Hall? Guess which.... A place with NO alcohol, all country music, thick clouds of smoke, and old men that call you sweetheart (then laugh when you flip them off)
Yar, we went to a country dance hall. I think that we made it about an hour before Jason's headache started to KILL him (not going to embarrass my Bub with the story, it WOULD be pretty funny, but, I love him, so not going to tell...) It would have been great if the music wasn't as loud as it was....if there was no smoking....and if Ron's sister's ex-husband hadn't been the drummer (yucky, redneck, mullet wearing, furry-cowhide-boots wearing moron!) lol Everybody was laughing and (sort of) complaining about the dance hall, but when I asked the car load of people if we were not indeed laughing??? Seeing as the answer was YES, then it WAS worth it! I'd like to find a Blues club to hang out in, and that would be an ideal night out, but this is a very small-town area....
Oh, and before I go...We watched "Taken" today, and it was GOOD. Get a babysitter (or if you are lucky, you don't' HAVE to) and go see it. Lots of fighting, daddy protecting his daughter, and well, it's bloody. I loved it.

No comments: