Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dear Sara,

How in the world do I get my kids to clean their rooms? I'm asking you in particular, because you have always had a knack for keeping the kids' rooms in order....
Today we got Miah's room in working order. She put all of her stuff on the bed, and we arranged furniture, vacuumed, and placed everything in an organized manner. It took TWO hours!!!!! But it looks good!

So we head over to Laurel's room....She's always been the neat one.....but her room is so trashed that there is NO point in trying to fix it. I'm so irritated I left the room. Jay, for some God awful reason is still up there, I don't know whyyyyyyy.

I'm so tired after the past two weeks that my fuse is very short, and I think that if I don't walk away from Laurel's insane mess I might explode!!!

So far these are the things that we have done (somehow I end up doing most of it...not that Jay doesn't help, just that he doesn't think he knows how to organize...so he hands me things and stands back. ) ((irritating!!))

Front room...organized, decorated (minus the mantel. I've never had one to decorate, so I'm contemplating my options)
Kitchen...organized, sorted, tossed, cried over lack of storage space, mopped, decorated.
Art room...Sorted, organized, swept.
Utility room...sorted, cleaning tools organized (still need to organize my tools)
Front porch...except for painting my furniture, it's perfect.
Back Deck....Perfect, with seating for 8!
Garden...yes, got really motivated by 75 degree weather!) Raked, weeded, paths laid, rock walk placed, all ready for the plants!
Miah's room...done!!
Jay's TA-50...sorted, folded, organized, and locked up.
Books...bought new shelf, solved all of my book problems, and it's cool looking.
Bathrooms 1, 2, and 3...Shower rods and curtains hung, tub stoppers bought (and work!) and stocked with supplies.

Every box is unpacked, and all I have left to do is my bedroom, and whatever Jay isn't doing in Laurel's room (I think he's nuts, but let him!)

So, they started dropping our stuff off on the 11th, and were done on the 12th. We have spent long hours all but one day for 12 days and we are talking hanging curtains and detail work (I had to sew some curtains)and some minor issues with my closet rod crashing around my ears three times...

Not too bad, right? Oh, and Sara, even with all those books we came in at 11,000lbs. Still some to spare!!!
But I'm pooped. Too pooped to pop! My room is tomorrow, then I can cry myself to sleep with the knowledge that someone in my family will make a mess somewhere, and my job is never really done....
Love you!!!
- S.

No comments: