Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Political Ranting....


(What WOULD you think of Ms. Palin if she were black??)

I've been googling the heck out of Mrs. Palin for the past couple of days, intrigued by her, really. Initally I was curious because she doesn't seem like the typical political woman. She likes guns (me too) She is a member of the NRA (me too) She doesn't like tht good 'ole boy network, and goes out of her way to beat it....sounds great....
Until we dig a little deeper. She doesn't believe in a woman's right to choose, which is not a black and white issue for me, it has nuances and extenuating circumstances that I just dont' think can be answered with a "yes" or "no", and she believes in teaching abstinence. Ya. That doesn't work. Kids will do whatever they want, the difference is will they use a condom? Not if they don't have one!!! Hmmm....It makes me wonder what kind of person she really is...
Don't get me wrong, as a woman I admire what she has accomplished. She seems like one tough lady. I might like her in another life, and if she couldn't possibly be second in line to the Oval Office, which scares me. The lack of experience scares me! Hey, don't yell at me, Obama scares me too....I'm completely freaked out this election year, and yet again it's going to come down to voting for the lesser of two evils. I hate to say it again, but my one and only concern, the most important thing to me is that my husband gets to spend more than 5 months at home at a time. PLEASE!!!

Oh, and for the heck of it, I recorded the RNC last night so I could laugh at Bush. Eh, no such luck. They very smartly pre-recorded his speach, so there were no "ummms" to count. He actually sounded like a half way intelligent guy for once....
I just want to say, Bah humbug to Laura, who's best statement regarding her husband's legacy was that he has kept our country safe. Huh? I don't know about you, but the country doesn't feel very safe to me...I am constantly worried about the safety of my husband, and is this what she is telling the families of all the dead soldiers? I knew some of these men, and I'll bet their families don't feel very safe right now either. What the HAY??? Our country is hated, our economy sucks, gas prices are so high people are actually having to go without in order to be able to drive to work every day.... I am helping more and more soldiers returning from home w/ PTSD who can't afford to eat, let alone drive around to look for a job....Good god! I'm amazed at the spin.
WOW.
In case you were going to ask....I'm a Libertarian. Registered independant. And I love a good debate, so go ahead and disagree with me!


Wonder where you stand? Take this quiz : http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html


Where I stand:


Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 80%.


According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is... LIBERTARIANS
support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.......................................................................

No comments: