Thursday, September 11, 2008

A beautiful man...


It's been a rough day for me. Usually when I feel bad, or I'm upset I turn to Jeremiah to talk me down, or beam love my way and make things better, if only for the moment he is with me. Today he's training and I can only send an email. It helps, but not as much.
Since our anniversary is only a couple of days away, I thought I would tell the world why I love him and what I miss about him when he's deployed. Some of these will sound dumb, I'm sure, but we cannot control what moves us.
1. When he comes home from work, the first thing he does is kick off his boots, peel off his uniform top, and wraps his arms around me.
2. He sneaks up behind me while I'm working and hugs me with his chin on my shoulder.
3. He always calls when he is on his way home from work, and asks me if I need anything on his way home. Even though I usually say no, he still asks.
4. He pretends to like going antique shopping, just because I do. Sometimes he even suggests it when I look like I need a break.
5. He never demands I do anything. He always respects me. We are equals, in every way.
6. He looks at me like I am the only woman on the planet.
7. He thinks I'm strange for thinking I'm not perfect.
8. He does little things all the time that let me know how much he loves me, but doesn't think any of them are special. Because it's just what he does.
9. He ALWAYS puts the toilet seat down!
10. He is supportive. No matter what he thinks, when I really want to do something, he goes with the flow.
11. He has sacrificed a huge portion of his life, liberty and pursuit of happiness to ensure that our family is taken care of.
12. He goes out of his way to be able to communicate with me, to the point of waking up at insane times for him, just so I dont' have to be up too late, or too early.
13. He is also beautiful. Handsome, cute, attractive. Whatever the acceptable term is, Jay, you're it, and I love you.

No comments: