Monday, September 1, 2008

The La Forest family's new potential maybe kinda sorta adventure.







Shhhh!! This is a secret.....


Jay may be getting a new assignment! Shh....We don't really know yet. We don't know when or where. We don't know how....but we think the army might just send us somewhere new.


The La Forest family moved to Fort Campbell about six years ago after Jay's year long hell ride in Korea, and my strange but fun stay at home in Edmonton, Ky. We really thought that we would be here two possibly three years, and at the time I was hoping against hope that it would be closer to three. Mind you this was pre-Iraq, and all these deployments. I love it here, it's close to mom, I know the language, it feels small even though there are way too many people stuffed in such a small space, and it feels safe (I don't watch the local news, ever)


I never thought I would ever get used to army life. I struggled against it. I got angry at it, and I left it at least once. Now, all I really want is a fresh start. A new city to explore, a new job possibly, new schools, new antique and thrift stores (that may be my main reason LMAO)


and hopefully a new (and more productive) position for my husband. I can't wait to unpack boxes of my stuff and pretend they are all presents just for me (the best way to look at it, really)


and I can't wait to find all of those cool places in a new town that make it unique.


So, whenever we leave, there are a couple of places I will visit, just to say goodbye.




Paige - at Hodge Podge on Franklin St. I love that shop, and she is one of the nicest people I've met. I will be taking a souvenir with me...possibly one of those pieces of jewelry I've been eyeing, or just for the heck of it, one of the paintings or photos of Clarksville to hang in the new house.




The Roxy - definatly one more play before I go!




Bernice - at The Rocking Horse. Miah's favorite shop, and favorite shop keeper! Half of my antique furniture came from her, and a lot of the kids dress-up trunk was supplied by bernice herself.




Rock n Rocks - on Franklin st. I haven't made friends there like Sara did, but I love the people there. I always come away with a good story, and an awesome bunch of beads!




Yamato- across from Gate 1. Oh, I'm going to miss this place! Sunday morning rolls, and lunch boxes. My guilty pleasure!




Tandoor restaurant- My first Indian food experience, and the Tikka Masala is my favorite!




The Front Page Deli- Nuff said. I love them. The reuben is the best!!!


The "old stuff mall" if you want to kill a lot of time, and possibly come away with some small treasure.


The park at gate 10...lots of good memories there...


The river front...



There are a couple more places that I really love, but I can't remember the names...Places I go when I am kidless, that I will list later when the kids aren't trying to talk to me!




So, keep it under your hat...you know how the army is. They get your hopes up, just to swat them back to the ground. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!




1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Seriously?! OK well if you do get to go, can we meet up for lunch one day first?! I've never been to that deli place! I love rubens!