Monday, September 21, 2009

"He went to Jared"

Jay surprised me with a weekend in a cabin....on the lake.








Then he surprised me with a box. When I opened it...I smiled and yelled, "He went to Jared!" I've been waiting to say those words...
Laurel made "Anniversary brownies" Yummo!

Part of Jay's present was a cribbage board, which is a reasonable copy of a board he used to play on with his grandfather...we played for hours.
While Jay and Miah played on the picnic table, Laurel and I took a walk:

















A view of the "cabin".

Just a few feet past the back door.
The view from the window.








Jay and Miah caught up with us after the game.

Water!

I didn't get any good pictures, but Dobby did go swimming with us, spending most of the time standing on Jay's shoulders.



Beautiful view...
Dobby cuddling with her family...she was tuckered out.

On the way home...we drove over a loooong bridge. I hate being on bridges, but love the way they look.
This was the best weekend in a long time. Laurel and I got lightly sunburned, but it was worth it. Not a person in sight, and it was all peace and quiet. Jay promises that next time we'll be in a tent instead of a cabin, because that is really my idea of heaven. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

What a fun weekend and a beautiful necklace!!!! Can I say it too?! He went to Jared!!!