Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's thought:
Time, why you punish me?...You ain't no friend of mine. I don't know where I'm going, I think I'm out of my mind, thinking about time. - "Time", Hootie and the Blowfish
Isn't time just the cruelest master? Many of the quotes that had made it into my book over the years have referred to time in one way or another. I don't know the best way to wrestle the idea of it to the ground. Linear, cyclic, an illusion of our three dimensional minds, I have and will again weigh the merits of what time is, but the crux of today's rant is that I would very much like to be more able to control the way I spend mine. The army has turned my every moment into such a commodity that I desperately scramble to make sure that I am using to each one to it's fullest potential. This weekend is extended for the holiday, and long weekends are not something that we get often here in TRADOC, but still they are finding ways to chip away at my weekend and take time from my family. I think that I like my new job, the influence that I have on the next face of the Signal Corps is a bit of an ego-inflater, I just wish the hours weren't so extensive.

Let me bid you all a good week before I whine your eyes off. Take care.

No comments: