Thursday, February 5, 2009

We have the Keys!

We just got back on Tuesday from a trip to Ga. We have the keys! The house is all ours!!! We spent the weekend exploring the cities, checking out the school, trying out the fireplace, eating at new restaurants, and we snuck in a little movie trip.
It was great to sit on our back porch, listen to the sounds, enjoying the sound of the creek, the woodpeckers that are all over the place, the distant sound of the train, and the wonderful giggles of my daughters and my husband as they played freeze tag in the backyard. We took a trip to the bookstore and bought Pippi Longstocking and I read it to Miah on the back porch while Jay and Laurel ran out to get a broom (there were pine needles all over the place) I loved that story when I was Miah's age, and it seems serendipitous that it was sitting on top of a pile of bargain books at the store. We didn't have any electricity while we were down there, so for entertainment I read to the family in front of the fireplace until my voice gave out on me, then we all fell asleep in the front room warmed by the fire.
It wasn't all fun and goofing off though. We had to buy and place baby gates to keep the dog out of the areas with the WHITE carpet, and I unpacked the kitchen stuff I brought to "survive" with while we wait for our household goods, and we realized that there was no shower curtain rod in the master bath, so we started a list of tiny things that need to get done asap. Nothing huge, the biggest project being the back yard. We found all sorts of stepping stones, so we pulled them all up and scouted the yard for more. I'm going to take a large section for a garden, and use all of the mismatched stones to separate the sections. I can't WAIT to get my hands into the dirt. I have hammocks to hang, bird houses to fix, yard furniture to paint, and a house to decorate! I'm busy for quite a while! I'm sooo excited. I'm for some reason unable to move the pictures around anymore, they are showing up as text instead of picuters before I publish, so I'm going to do a new post for each section so I can add descriptions. I know it's the long way around, but bare with me...

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OK so I'm a dork! Those pics were from GA huh?! LOL I catch on eventually!