Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day

About two months ago, Miah and I set out to find a V-day present for Jay. He is incredibly hard to shop for, seeing as the only thing he does for fun is read, and play computer games. You can only buy so many Stephen King books, and rpgs (roll playing games). Just for the heck of it we head to Target. It's one of my favorite places to cruise in, and we thought we might get an idea or too. It turns out that we hit the jackpot! Everything was on sale in the men's department, so we find a bathrobe (Jay not long ago complained that I had three robes, and he didn't have any) Miah picked out some Homer Simpson jammies, and we headed over to the toy section. :) I found a 2000 piece jigsaw of VanGogh's Starry Night, and Miah grabbed a Pirates card game. I hate wrapping paper and gift bags, so we usually get some sort of bag, purse, wooden box or container of some sort that doubles as the package and another present. I found a huge duffel bag on sale for next to nothing that everything fit into. We snuck everything home and in my closet it was stashed for the next couple of months. The funny thing is that after searching for Homer slippers (the huge ones that look like homer is trying to chew your foot off) we came up empty, but on a trip to Goodwill on the 13th, Jay found a pair that fit him, and I convinced him to get them. I'll have to run to the other computer to get the picture of him playing on the computer in his new ensemble. It's hilarious and cute as hell at the same time. We have now officially warped my husband.
The extra funny in this whole story is that while Miah usually can't keep a secret to save her life, this time she successfully kept two! Jay took her and Laurel to the mall and bought me , yes, another robe, slippers, a nice big fluffy towel, and a beautiful malachite bracelet. They all swear that Miah had nothing to do with picking out the theme of the presents, and I over heard Miah telling mom that it was so ironic that we picked similar presents. I cracked up. That kid is such a goofball.
We made V-Day a two day event, seeing as the Friday before was the 13th, and we have always reserved the day for parents night out. Any Friday 13th that pops up is my night! We went shopping, Jay took me to Yamato (my FAVORITE) and we took the girls to their dances. Laurel was by her lonesome at her "big girl dance" as Miah called it, while Jay and I hung back with Miah. I have to tell you, that while Jay is usually a calm sort of man, that night at the dance he lost his cool. Have you ever heard the song "crank that" by soulja boy? Have you ever looked up the lyrics? How about looking the lyrics up on www.urbandictionary.com? that has to be the most disgusting song ever written, and they were playing it at a school dance for children from k through 5th grade. I admit to not knowing how bad the song was, so when it played while Jay was dropping Laurel off, I didn't think anything of it, but they played it a second time while he was there and this is when he lost it. He went to the stage and had a "discussion" with the Dj, then when the song got turned off, Jay came back to explain. I cannot and WILL not put the explanation on this blog, but feel free to look it up yourself, and ask yourself why children are listening to it at school. I wonder if anyone else will find it as disgusting, and creepy? Let me know what you think, b/c I'm interested...

Anyway, off the soapbox...we had a great time. We spent two entire days out of the house, an I didn't have to cook or clean a thing. It was great! How was your day?

(I'll post pics in a bit, I'm on the laptop far far away from my camera and it's contents)

No comments: