Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Greetings and Salutations,Stacy has asked me to resume posting and now that I am back in the States, I've promised to try to make the time. I've been collecting quotes for some time now. I carry a little book in the pocket of my uniform and whenever I have a nugget, I write it down. Sometime they are my own creation and sometimes they are from other people. I think that I will break out some of these quotes and when I'm able, perhaps discuss why they appeal to me.But first I would like to insert the prelude I wrote in the first book I started carrying. I haven't held myself to such stringent rules with the subsequent books, but as the prelude will tell you, this first book was started as a well-needed outlet."What follows is to be a collection of random thoughts. I will time and date each entry and where applicable I will list to the best of my ability. This is not intended to be a diary nor a tome of philosophy. In fact it is hardly what I'd classify as literature. Read the contents of this little book as you will, I only implore that you do not attempt to derive any meaning from what is within these pages other than the face value of each entry.One note before I begin to fill these pages with my mental trash; the idea to chronicle thoughts which struck me as potant, or that for whatever reason would not leave me, came to me in the middle of July 2003. I thought it might be pertinent to the issue to mention that I was serving my first tour in Iraq when I began this." Today's Quote is one of my own, and I thought it only fair to make it the first one I wrote down.
Shared suffering is no less miserable. - 2306 21Jul03

As I've already talked your ears off and I think that this quote stands on it's own, I'll part ways with you for now. Meet you back here the same time next week?

No comments: