Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Welcome back.
Jumping right in; this week's quote is from my new book, so it doesn't have a time stamp, but that is a practice I plan to resume:
Happiness is bred of small things.
One of the things that my trips to Iraq has taught me is that what it takes to make a person happy is very relative. I heard a news report some time ago that the Amish are some of the happiest people in the country. I didn't really understand that until I spent eight months in Mosul.
More importantly though, what this quote means is that it is the small things in life that make us keep going. It is not the $3,000 ring that makes a marriage last. It is not the occasional promotion that make you love your career. A lot of little things make life great.
Until next week....

No comments: