Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

Jay actually got a Saturday off, so we finally got to go to the pumpkin patch. We'd been planning it for weeks, but he always had Army stuff to do. It wasn't as cool as I'd like, as a matter of fact it was 73, rather than the 60 I'd have liked it to be. But the sun was out and it was nice to get one last sunburn in before the cold weather hits. I was surprised that among all the kid's activities there was a few booths for grown-ups. I got a great pair of Sterling silver and malachite earrings, and a turquoise bracelet that matches a necklace and earring set I already have. That made my day!













Bee Hive!




Chain Saw art


Hamster wheel race





The wide view of the beginning of the maze...







I love it when people assure me, "The jewelry is all hand made!" Uh, we can tell :)


Duck Race!






On the way home we drove around town. We'd never been in Louisville (pronounced loo-iss-ville, for my Kentucky friends, not Luovlle) Saw a couple of cool houses...



And a trailer with a horse and hound dog chillin in the front yard together!


And the cotton fields, which we'd never seen before.



Kackleberry Farm...
Corn Maze...
Corn Cannon...
Petting Zoo...
Duck Races...
Hay Rides...
Cotton Picking...





It was a looong day!




No comments: