Friday, January 8, 2010

Locks of Love

I have an appointment in about an hour to chop off all of my hair! I've been holding off for a while, waiting for it to be long enough to donate to http://www.locksoflove.org/ I'm going to post pictures after the deed is done. I haven't had hair off my shoulder since Virgil came over one day, saw my new do, and said, "Oh, Stacy, What have you DONE!" Hahaha! That WAS a really bad cut. No kidding, the only pic of that hair was my driver's license, and thank god it's long expired now! I have a pic of the cut I want, so hopefully all will be well. Gulp. See you here in a couple of hours with the results!
From the site:

WHAT IS LOCKS OF LOVE?

Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses we provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

And that's just awesome! It's easy to do too.

No comments: