Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Don't Think So, Tim!

There is no way in hell I will ever fly again. This is a huge privacy violation! My Dr. has never even seen this much of me! How can anyone agree to this? It's just another one of those stupid security measures that takes away a little bit more of our freedom (from embarrassment this time) just to make everyone feel safe. Did anyone catch the tiny news flash that the "Under ware Bomber" went through an airport that used these machines? No one knows if HE went through one, and there's the problem! The guy was acting strangely throughout the airport, had no luggage on a country to country flight....this was clearly a failing of the personnel, not the security measures.
I'm angry. This country gave away it's freedom for safety. As Thomas Jefferson said:
Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither.



I truly believe that 9/11 was a special case. I'm not going to say it will never happen again, but I doubt that something of that magnitude will again. It's not because of the war, or security measures...it's because they blew their wad with that one! Every attempt (that the powers that be let us know about) has been tiny. All of which have been stopped by the people around them. The only thing we need to do to be safe is keep our government under control and in it's place, and be personally vigilant. Pay attention to what's going on around you. Certainly not by showing my naked body to a bunch of airline jerks who will (I promise) find a way to record these images and post them on the Internet. There will be jokes about fat people, and pretty girls will be singled out. Maybe not everywhere, but you know there are a certain group of people in the world that will take advantage.
The world is starting to look more and more like George Orwell's nightmares....




No comments: