Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts

The thought of the day:
It amazes me to think of how much difference each little change can make.
I'm deep in the middle of Stephen King's latest novel. I don't get a lot of time to read these days, so it is taking me a lot longer than should, but I'm very impressed at how much Mr. King points out that so many things could have turned out drastically different if some nearly insignificant changes had been made. I've discussed chaos theory and the butterfly effect on this blog before, but I come to it again. The novel makes me realize that we tend to define our lives by moments when big things happen, but the "big" moments were no more important than any other moment. They have all had some effect on not only our lives but others. Realizing that each decision you make is important, we should all strive to think more about consequences.

No comments: