Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Not quite a revival of the weekly post, but I had to get the following off my chest:
Judge not lest ye be judged.
With all the hubbub lately about the upcoming repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, there have been a few discussions at work today about "GBLs" (Gays, Bisexuals, and Lesbians {this is the new "friendly" term}) in the military. I just could not sit on today's discussion without sharing it. When the subject turned to housing "GBLs" on post one person actual had the gall to ask about what I would say to the "good christian family" that was force to live next door to the gay couple. I told the speaker that I cared no more for the "good christian family" than I did for a "good muslim family," a "good wiccan family," or a "good athiest family." I feel the need to extend my point here for you all to argue about. Most importantly I don't expect you to live by my ethics and morals in your house so what makes you think that just because you have a rule written in Deuteronomy that I have to follow it weather I believe in it or not? But almost as importantly, just because someone doesn't choose to follow that one rule does not necessarily mean that they are not a "good christian." At least they aren't as likely to be running around casting the first stone. The real question here has to be, however, when did this become a christian army? Last I remember I swore to defend the constitution, not the bible.

No comments: