Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

The girls each had dances on Friday.  Jay was Miah's date.

I had a huge headache, Jay went out and bought these.  He held them behind his back and said, "I got you headache medicine!" and presented them to me.  These things are so insanely good!

My glass bead making kit.  Jay was so excited about it, he made me open my present on Friday.  I got him a towel that says "Don't Panic" (see "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe") and a car kit for emergencies that says "Justin Case"  Which is something Jay says all the time...as in "We should buy some jumper cables for my car, just-in." Now he can finally give mine back!

Always one to spread the fun out, Jay bought these yesterday while he was getting stuff for "Pancake Day"  He put them in a vase, and didn't say anything. I guess he wanted to see if I'd notice them.  I didn't.  I was playing Frontierville on Facebook, and kept complaining that I had to grow more red roses for a goal.  He kept making strange comments about being given roses, instead of having to grow them.  I finally clued in and looked behind him as he was hugging me.  There were the dozen roses...so sweet!
   Jay was going to take me out to dinner tonight, but last night I told him I didn't feel like it.  So...instead we ordered Papa John's delivery, and watched Zombieland.  It was funny.  I had apparently told Jay when it first came out that I didn't want to watch it, but seeing as it was on the free movie channel preview, we decided "What the hell?"  I'm glad we did.  Then, Jay surprised the heck out of me.  He actually suggested we watch the Red Carpet show and the Grammys.  We ate pizza and laughed at Gaga (whom Miah calls Gag Gag) We judged the heck out of the stupid outfits, and giggled at that guy who gets paid to carry Nichole Kidman's dress all night.  My favorite part of the night was the fact that everything took twice as long to watch because we kept pausing the tv to giggle and gossip.  A couple of things bugged me about the grammys.  Bob Dillon should never be allowed to sing again, Russell Brand doesn't know the Wright Brother's real first names (Wilbur and Orville, silly man.  If you don't know for sure, just call them the "Wright Brothers"!!) and Mic Jagger should also never sing again.

When I got up this morning there was coffee, yummy creamer, pretty roses, and cold pizza.  Thank you Jay for leaving me the one last piece of "John's Favorite" I love you!

No comments: