Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Idle Wednesday

Original bead the mold is made from.  Photo from mamacitabeadworks
The mold I made.

1st Finished necklace.

Sterling clasp.

Free form bead I made.

Another I made.

Also, Stacy made bead.

"Snail Shell"

The bead made from the mold.

2nd Bead made from mold.

2nd finished necklace.
It took me a while to get these going!  I started out with the one labeled "2nd finished necklace"  I had something else planned for it, but I kept stopping in the middle of the process.  I realized I didn't like the beads, so I quit.  No sense finishing something I won't wear.  There is no clasp, and I'll be taking it apart later.  The one labeled "1st necklace finished" I like so much better.
The two molds I made, and the finished beads.
The mold is made from a mold kit, that consists of two materials that you have to mix together.  The bead I made the mold from is a pewter one that I bought from "mamacitabeadworks" on I love it so much I haven't done anything with it yet.  I just haven't been inspired yet to the perfect project.  I definitely do not want it on a single strand of beads, to be sure.  That's pretty dull as far as I'm concerned...(I realize that this is what I've been doing lately, and it's just about run it's course.) I'll figure it out one day, and you'll be the first to know.

I originally bought the molding compound to make a bead/pendant from a Gibson Girl pin I bought in Maine, but I'll be damned if I didn't "put it in a safe place" then promptly forget where the heck that was. I've been searching, but it's apparently in a really safe spot.  (Eyes rolling at SELF) As soon as I find that thing, I have a great piece in mind...I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I have more goofing off to do in the Art room, so I'll blog at you later.

No comments: