Monday, February 7, 2011

Thirty Days of Pictures


Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.
(He is the most important thing I have!)


Not to say I "own" him...
But he is definitely the one person that I know will back me up no matter what, who will be there when I really need him, and who in a fight will only back me up if I'm right.  That last one is something we all need.    
After the kids are gone, and the raising kids part of our lives is over, all we have left is each other.   I think we have done a pretty good job of making sure that our relationship runs smoothly, and independently from the kids and our family structure.  No, we don't go out alone much at all, but we sneak in a few "dates" here and there.  Sometimes his schedule has an empty spot, and we can go out to lunch together.  I don't think it's the dates that really get you through the tough stuff though.  We talk openly, and honestly.  If there is a complaint between us, we talk it out. As long as we both approach things the right way, no one gets upset, and things get fixed.  Don't get me wrong, there are times when he drives me nuts, but it's never anything I'd call a deal breaker.  So, all that said, Jeremiah is the one "thing" I treasure the most.  It may be politically incorrect to say him, rather than the kids, but frankly my job is to raise them, and kick their butts to the curb when they're ready.  They WILL be ready sometime around 18 or 19 when they go to college.  They are not supposed to lean heavily enough on me after that to occupy my time to the point that it distracts me from the other things going on in my life.  Jay is the one person that will always be there.  There will be no moment of empty nest syndrome where we look at each other and wish the kids were still around because we don't know what to do without them!
 

No comments: