Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Idle Wednesday






Once a Wine Rack, Now a Bookshelf!

I have this new wine rack that I bought at goodwill for $10 which will be featured in next week's Idle Wednesday, so I'd been debating what to do with my old one. I've had it for more than thirteen years, so I didn't want to just throw it away. I contemplated giving it to goodwill, but as I sat at the computer one day and idea just popped into my head. I'd like to free up the shelf in the art room for bead magazines, since cookbooks don't really go in an art room. I decided to get rid of all of the cooking magazines because I really don't' go through them, and I'm not ever going to get around to pulling the recipes I want out of them (So if you want them, let me know quickly, and you can have them for free. After those are gone, I really only have a couple of books I use. Remarkably, when the project was done, there was exactly enough room for all of them. Now that's serendipity!)
There is only one counter that has free space to put cookbooks on, but it's the counter that I dry the dishes on. It sometimes gets quite wet, so I need to put the books on something to keep them dry. This is when my eyes land on the wine rack. Ah ha! So, I took it down, cut the middle out, and started brainstorming. I painted it the same yellow as the table, but the light in the kitchen this morning was really bad.

No comments: