Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weight Watcher's Tuesday

Totally forgot to post yesterday....

I lost .2 lbs yesterday. Not a lot, I know...but it's better than nothing!

*******************************************************************

The only news I really have is that the air conditioner is STILL not fixed. We've been fine for the most part, but it's stinking hot in the bedroom. The rental management company offered to pay for us to go to a hotel until the air was fixed, because it's supposed to be above 90 off and on for a while, but we declined. I can't imagine trying to occupy myself at a hotel all day until the coil part they need is ready, and I didn't see the point of driving to the hotel at 8 pm every night, then driving back home in the morning. Especially considering we'd have to drive both cars over if I'm to have any freedom. It's crazy. All I can say is that it's a darned good thing I love this house!
The other day I was outside all day long (slightly cooler out there) and read an entire novel from cover to cover. I ate lunch out on deck, and sprouted new freckles across the bridge of my nose and my shoulders. Miah is going to have a field day with that! (she hates freckles, and will scream at you if you mention hers...but they are soooo darned cute!) It was a great way to spend a day.
This morning I ordered 47 new books for free! A lot of classics are free, but there are also some mystery novels, and (cringe) romance novels for free too. I just got done reading the "Reincarnationist" that I got for about $5, and I loved it. I know I've said it a million times, but I love my Kindle. It has now paid for itself several times over.
I made Chicken Tikka Masala for dinner last night, along with Basmati rice, and I'm seriously considering making it again this weekend. I'm addicted to the stuff. Not very weight watchers friendly though. The rice by itself is by nature many more points than regular rice, even though I cook it with plain water. It sucks, because this rice tastes sooo much better! Ha...this is getting pretty boring!
I should mention two things....My friend's Grandma passed away, which totally sucks, but hopefully she is in a better place, where there is no cancer...
And Mi Madre broke her shoulder! Good thing she has the Meemer and Boo to take care of her.
Big hugs to everyone, and I wish I could be in three places at once. I hate that I'm so far removed from everyone.
-S

No comments: