Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's Thought:
That's the way we've always done it
This phrase has arisen quite a bit in my life lately and it really has been bothering me. In this modern army, every regulation can be found online and the way it's always been done is just an excuse for an NCO not to know. I am going to save the brunt of my rant for where it belongs, in my own family, but circumstances are leading me to begin to believe that I am amongst a dieing breed of soldiers that are more concerned with doing the job than what the NCOER bullet will look like.

I'm done for now, I'm sorry that I didn't bring a thought worth your time this week. Tune in next week for a thought a little farther reaching.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, how we put the weight of the world on our own shoulders!

I love you, and I know you want to be the best soldier, and you want your students to be the best...but don't let that get in your own way.
Trust me, I understand the frustration that comes when no one does things the way they are supposed to, but you just can't control them all!

S.