Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's thought:


You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. -Tyler Durden, Fight Club


This is a quote I use often with my soldiers. I try to stress to them that there is no one so unique in the Army that they are above the rules. I truly believe that the biggest problem in the Army today is that so many people find ways around the rules and so many others let them. I like to think of myself as a great equalizer, a man that makes the rules apply to either everyone I see or no one.


But it's not just soldiers that need to realize that they are not really special. Everyone has the same basic needs; food, water, shelter, ect. We must all work together to make the world better for everyone. We may work throughout our lives to better ourselves, but we should all remember that we all come into the world the same way; naked, wet, and crying for momma.
Have a great week.

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

But but but... there goes my whole theory on life! LOL

LaForestGump said...

Can I be a beautiful and unique snowball?