Saturday, October 8, 2011

365

This picture was taken with Miah's camera...it doesn't seem to have a focus function! This is the saxophone section of the band, warming up in the dark in full uniform.  The light behind them is someone's headlights as they were driving away...I grabbed the only camera that had batteries left, so it's not the best quality.  I love how it is reminiscent of the picture taken of Jay on the mountain in Iraq. 
Laurel's band had their second competition tonight.  They earned superiors in all categories, and won grand champion!!!  Poor Laurel got sick again, so she didn't march the first time around, but was better by the time they marched the second. 
Jay and I stuck around after the rest of the band parents went back to the stands, just in case Laurel got sick again.  She was fine, but because we were there we got to listen to them warm up.  The entire band formed up into a horseshoe shape, and we were standing in the middle of it.  The sound of them playing was intense.  I don't think I can describe it well enough to do it justice. 
When the judge announced that our band won, we exploded in the stands.  Jay and I actually "woo'ed" and screamed our heads off.  Miah nearly lost her voice.  Xavier's mom Donna was dancing and screaming to the point that she was contagious.  We couldn't contain our excitement!  I don't think I have ever gotten that excited about anything I've ever done in my life.  Not even at my own band competitions.  I dearly wish that April and BJ, Laurel's brothers, and Mom and Ron could have been there.  It was incredible.

No comments: