Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wistful History

She doesn't look very happy, does she? I wonder what is going through her mind, this apparently unhappy woman. It looks like it's supposed to be a wedding, but her expression says funeral. Maybe it's a shotgun wedding? Or her dad is making her marry some guy with money, or a good family? But then again, he doesn't look too happy either...
These are complete strangers to me, but the pictures left behind in their cigar box are intriguing! More to come, someday when I don't have much else to talk about....

Other than the fact that Miah is home from school today, AGAIN, for the 7th day this month, not much is going on. Everybody is still trying to get over this cough (except Laurel, who never gets sick!) and it's hard to get the housework all caught up when you have to stop every few minutes to cough your head off. Sometimes I cough so hard I throw up, sorry if that's gross, but it really is disturbing! I have to sit up in bed to keep from coughing, because when I lay down I cough so hard I see sparks behind my eyelids.

Miah is going to the Valentines Day dance with her boyfriend...Laurel is going to hers with her friends....one is an hour long, the other is two...you'd think that this means Jay and I will get an h our alone...but there are so many people here that you have to get a parking spot at least twenty minutes before you pick your kid up, or you'll be in a line down the street for an hour...so Jay and I will spend the evening driving all over tarnation and sitting in the Jeep. At least I know he's got an awesome Valentines present for me....so he didn't wait until the last minute! I went ahead and let him know back before Thanksgiving that I had his present all ready to go. It drives him nuts...

I need to head to the front room to make sure Miah's meds kicked in and lowered her temp. She's being very quiet, so maybe she's fallen asleep. Poor baby...

No comments: