Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Today's Thought:

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it. -Aristotle

I was watching Oprah's new network with my wife when we came upon a show that pits a devout with a scientific sceptic and they both investigate "miracles" together. I'm sure you know that we both love a good debate, so we gave it a fair chance. The first one we watched was inconclusive, but the second "miracle" was completely debunked. What set me off was when the man decided that despite the proof, there still had to be something else going on. I've been faced with this a lot lately. Aristotle would have us give every idea a chance, weather we agree with it or not, but this is not a call to stick to wrong ideas, only to allow that others may find different paths to truth.

No comments: