Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's a Girl to do?

I WAS going to post pictures of my beautiful babies in their First-Day-Of-School outfits, but I can't find my camera cord anywhere. No USB, no pictures. Crap. I know that I didn't leave it in Alaska, because Jay added the last pictures to his laptop when I got home. I made everyone look at all 1500 pictures I took. They won't ever look at them any other way, so...captive audience! I have a lot of pictures to post, but since I got home I've been trying to get used to the time difference. Still. Even with Jay's expertise, I am doing no better. I'm sleepy at noon, and not tired at all at bedtime. Jay says it's easier to fall back four hours than to go forward. Ya, I don't know how he comes home from Iraq and is even conscious during the welcome home ceremony! I'm sure I'd be over it by now, but after the third day of school, and I have to be up at 6 am for no other reason than to drive Laurel to school at 7, I'm still exhausted. I keep looking at the clock and thinking that the girls riding the bus wouldn't be THAT bad, would it? Then again, I'll bet the bus runs a hell of a lot later than 6. Bah humbug.
The one thing I have really been looking forward to has been the three hours of alone time I get in the middle of the day. The kids are at school, and Jay goes back to work after lunch. Beading time! I brought back two rather large Ziploc bags full of bead strands, and one large bag of collected stones I picked up in NY and Ak. I can't wait to dip into them. I have all sorts of designs I've drawn up, the issue is that I've been doing laundry....dishes....walking dogs....catching up on Army Wives....and I have to reorganize my area. My whole table is choked up with the debris of life. Random things the kids know belong to me, and so place them in my area, so as to avoid going all the way up to my bedroom. At least they help clean up, right?
I guess I have to wait for Jay to get home to help me find the cord. He still hasn't emailed me, and the kids haven't a clue where he might have placed it. Odds are they picked it up and put it the bread drawer or the bathroom. Not logical? Well, in my house, that's where you look first!
Crazy kiddos. I can't believe they are 10 and 13 now. And still with the silliness. When does it end?

No comments: