Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Traveling Beads


One of the many things my friend Sara and I have in common is a love of beads and jewelry making. Another thing we have in common is the dubious honor of being Army Wives. Since we met on Fort Campbell five or six (wow) years ago, our families have both moved on. To new Posts that is. She's all the way up in Alaska, and we are all the way down in Georgia. In an effort to keep our connection going, and giving ourselves something to look forward to, we started trading mystery bead mixes. This month, Sara sent a strange mix of bone, amethyst, silver, and glass. I have to say, I paused for a minute over the bones( but anyone would tell you that they are right up my alley!!!) and how they would blend into a design, but a flash of green and copper crossed my mind, and I went hunting in my crazy drawers and containers to add a few items I thought would pull the idea together. I wanted to use copper, but only had one end of a copper toggle, so I grabbed a copper coin and got to work with my files and hole punch. The ammonite has been saved for a long time, waiting for the right project, and I thought that the purple shimmer would be perfect with the mix. I think I was right...
I hope, Sara, that this meets your challenge! I LOVED this mix.
I can't wait for the next box..yours is already on it's way!
-Stacy

No comments: