Friday, December 25, 2009

Boredom inspires creativity!



Well, so does procrastinating. Who wants to clean while all these beads are calling your name? It all started out innocently enough. I did have to clean off my bead table. It was all down hill from there.
The clasp on the river rock necklace isn't what I would have liked to use, but I'm fresh out of sterling silver, and I can't stand to let a project sit unfinished. I bought the river rock at a bead convention in Memphis, the large carved wooden bead is from a cute little bead store in Pennsylvania, the Kazuri beads are from Maine, and the Sterling silver swirls are from Kentucky. I tend to buy beads on trips, and let them sit until they speak to me. These guys were meant to be! Very simple design to show off the cool beads. I think it works. I think I may go back and work on something more complicated after dinner. Jay's on Staff Duty again, so I have nothing better to do.
The girls are in Florida with Manny and Poppy, so they will both post about their adventures later. I hear that Miah finally learned to ride a two wheeler! Until next time!

No comments: