Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The one where I got back on the wagon! OR Weight Watcher's Tuesday

Dear readers,
I did it! Last Tuesday I bit the bullet and went back to ...

I knew that I needed to go back for quite some time, but something always got in the way, or, I'd just plain forget! Being out of the habit of going every Tuesday really messed me up. I actually wanted to start on Saturdays so that Jay could go with when he comes home, but trying to remember that was even harder. So, I wrote the date in my book as if it were an appointment, and I made myself go through the ritual. I have a certian outfit I wear every week so that whatever fluctuations there are on the scale can only be blamed on me, and I stop eating and drinking before 9 am (the meeting starts at 11:30), so that the weigh in will be as accurate as possible. You have no idea how drinking a bottle of water then weighing in .9 lbs more than you should can effect your outlook on the rest of the day! It may sound silly, but consider the fact that there used to be a young lady who would strip down to her tank top and boxers to weigh...I'm not THAT batty (yet).
So, this week I went, secure in the knowledge that I was a perfect example of a weight watchers member, and lost a total of 3.5 lbs! Yay me!
Michelle (the ww leader) had a great idea to track our weight loss, and help us visualize our accomplishments. For every pound we lose, start then add to a paper clip chain. I particularly like this idea, because this is how we track the days of Jay's deployment, only we take off a paper chain a link for every day Jay has been gone. I am going to start this chain today, and clip it to my fridge to remind me of what I'm jeopardizing if I indulge too much. I think that, along with a skinny picture of myself, will help out. I just need to find the right picture in all of these piles of memorabilia.
So...look for this post every Tuesday...I commit to reporting every week, whether I've lost or not. Hopefully that will keep me even more honest than weighing in at the meeting does. My goal is to shed at least 80 lbs. I don't have a timeline, because that seems to just kill my momentum. So we will just say 80lbs no matter how long it takes!
Wish me willpower, not luck!
Stacy

No comments: