Thursday, October 16, 2008

And Laurel Loo Too

I have asked Laurel to add a weekly segment to my blog. She is in her room right now, simultaniously plotting her segment theme and tooting her own horn (LOL).

I thought it might be interesting to hear from her, get a better understanding of her take on life.


There really isn't a lot going on this week. Every morning I wake up thinking "What do I need to do today?" and blissfully the answer has been "Nothing!" for the past couple of days. I'm concentrating on following my WW's plan, and taking care of myself. It's nice for a change!


Also, strangly, after years of complaining that opinion poles don't mean much to me because I'm never called and poled, this month I have been slammed with phone calls. From almost everyone BUT Mc Cain. Does he not care what we think? Hmm. I even got a call from a young lady that called Louisville loewie-ville (ha ha) wanting to know how I felt about coal gasification. Huh? I laughed at first because I thought that it was a joke. Doesn't that sound like a word that George Bush made up? I had to admit I knew nothing about the process, but promised to google it and get back to her. So far, not an interesting subject....


Tomorrow is Miah's field trip to the orchard. I really wish the school would grow an imagination. I'm so tired of going to the same darn place every year, and hearing the SAME lecture every time about how to pick an apple...I'm an apple picking expert by now! Last year Miah went to a farm where they had horses, cows, sheep, goats and pigs. Now that was fun. I felt right at home there. It made me miss the Valley something fierce. Anywho...keep an eye out for Laurel's contribution, and pics from tomorrow's trip. For now I will leave you with some from last year....

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

:) I can't wait to read Laurel segment!! What a great idea!