Thursday, May 15, 2008

My New Mower!!! Go Green!!!!





I know I run the risk of sounding like a commercial, but this mower is too awesome to not tell everyone about it! It is a little pricey, but after looking at all of the websites for Lowe's, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart, I realized that if I wanted a gas free mower without an electric cord, this was the only choice.

The mower came in only three days, via ups, neatly packaged in two boxes ( I bought the weed eater attachment). I was so excited I ripped the boxes open and started assembling the parts. The only thing I really had to assemble was the handle, which was really easy. The hard part was waiting the 12 hours for the battery to charge! Much to my chagrin, it was chilly and rainey for a few days, keeping me from trying out my new toy. ERRRG

Finally, on Tuesday, I deemed it safe to take the mower outside. I attached the grass collection bag, inserted the safety key, and let 'er rip. I was completely shocked by the lack of jarring noise and vibration! I listened to the video on the website (click above) but I figured that they must have adjusted the sound in order to be able to hear the spokesman. Nope! It's so quiet I could mow at 6 am and not bother a soul. Even better, I was able to weedeat and edge my lawn with barely any extra effort. I do need to get a little better at aiming in tight spots, but other than that it was easy as pie! The battery (which charges with an adaptor inside your house) lasted for more than an hour while I mowed the large backyard, the tiny front, and edged. Not too bad! I was worried that I would get nearly done and lose power, but it didn't happen! So far, my only complaint is that I was so nervous about breaking the thing. Not that it isn't well put together, but the price is enough to make me be extra careful!

The best part, though, is that I never have to buy motor oil, gas, or filters. Since it is electric, I don't have to have it serviced once a year, the movers will move it with no hastle (no dangerous fluids) and it's safe for the environment! I can't wait for next saturday!!! Check out the website. It has video, and a lot of great info about the mower. They claim that the mower pays for itself in 5 years....11.00 for electricity, versus the near 400.00 in service and gas for a regular mower. Good deal, huh? I'll keep you posted, in case something changes my mind, but for now, I'm in love!

No comments: