Sunday, May 4, 2008

Good Morning Sunrise!


This morning, I decided to take some time for myself. Just a few moments, before the day has to start. For once, Miah is not up at 5 am on the weekend! I brewed a cup of coffee in the French Press that Jeremiah bought me for my birthday one year, poured the finished product into my saracup, and headed to the hammock out back with a pillow and throw.
Chet and Dobby followed, as usual, and barked up a storm at the imagined dangers of the morning. (Squirrls, neighbors, other pets down the way...)
Curled up in my blanket, my face towards the sun, I sipped coffee, and relaxed. The sunrise was beautiful. Dobby eventually found her way to my lap, curled up next to the warm coffee cup, and snoozed. As I lie there, not thinking of anything in particular, I realized that I really need to make this a weekend tradition. It really sets the mood for the rest of the day. As a matter of fact, Since chilling for 45 minutes, I have already completed my menu and shopping list for this payperiod, brewed today's tea, and planned today's projects.
I'm really excited about one particular project. Yesterday I received the etcher I ordered, and started planning the inscription for the spoon bracelet I made for Sheila. I think I did a great job. Before I got started, I practiced on a few things I didn't think terribly important, and when I got good enough at controlling the thing, I went to town! The inside of the spoon reads: To Sheila, From Stacy, and around the handle it says: Love, Life, Peace, Happiness, Laughter, Friendship, are all I hope for you. I can't wait to give it to her! Hopefully she will like it as much as I do. Today's project is to make dogtag keychains for Jeremiah and myself. I also have a secret project in mind for Father's Day, but that description will have to wait for later.
One of the girls is finally awake at 8:11. Whoever it is snuck into the bathroom before I got a glance, but my money is on Miah. I'm going to try to type as quietly as possible so she won't find me. YES! It is My Miah Bug in her footsie Jammas. This signals the end of my quiet morning, so I will leave you. On to start the day. Wish me luck!

No comments: